Pages

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Colour Block Shock

Today was another cold and wet day. I woke up and put on a cozy fall outfit, then I got angry and thought "it's SPRING, I need colour in my life" and changed into this little number. In these photos, the shirt looks pretty blue but in reality it is purple, and the skirt looks like an upside down tulip which is fantastic. Take that -3 degrees!

My life sometimes mimics the movie Home Alone, because every once in a while I just feel like doing things that would never be allowed if "grown-ups" were around, like eat in bed, or drink milk right out of the carton, or eat a bunch of random things I like but which don't neccessarily constitute a balanced adult meal. On the dinner menu tonight: a 3 egg omlette, fresh crusty French bread, kosher pickles, hummus, home-made 6 bean medly salad, olives and a Coke. Kevin McCallister would probably stay up late to watch scary movies and jump on his parents' bed, because he can, but I've been super exhausted all week and am looking forward to hitting the sack by 9:30 pm, because I can.

PS. Pardon my "WTF" face in the first photo, I forgot my sunnies and was squinting the whole time.









Shirt and Scarf: H&M, Skirt: Winner's, Shoes: Nine West, Bangles and Ring: Forever21

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Alina! Just checking out your blog now, love the DIY neon necklace!

    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous skirt! Love the shape and that purple top looks perfect with it :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Kellz! You are the colour block queen, I just checked out your blog and I'm obsessed with that orange blazer AND your hair. Will be checking back again for sure!

      Delete
  4. Great outfit !
    fantastic colors .
    kisses from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marika! I love Italy and can't wait to go back and visit again! So much fun getting messages from so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this color combination - it's one of my favorites!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely outfit. i love how you combined the colours so well with each other.
    so you get a very feminine, chic yet edgy look. love it!
    feel free to check out my blog as well, if you like :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy and Rebekah for your kind comments. Will be checking out both of your blogs shortly!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja