Pages

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Head(er) In the Clouds

So much excitement tonight. My talented and wonderful friend Danka, who is an up and coming photographer here in Ottawa (/Gatineau), suggested that she take some actual (read: non-iPhone) photos of me for the blog a few weeks ago. It was such a wonderful offer and turned into a really fun day of picture taking with her and her twin sister! I'll be posting those photos in the near future.

Tonight I met up with her to get the photos AND not only did she do a great job with them, she also made me a header for the blog. Yay! You rule Danka!

I feel so fancy now. I feel like this is another imprtant milestone in my blogging career - the first was getting THE blogger necklace (you know the one that everyone has, from J Crew) and now the header. It's like I'm growing up into a real blogger right in front of my very own eyes. What's next? A boyfriend who happens to be a professional photographer and pieces that are C/O a high end brand? Probably.

Oh and here is my outfit. This skirt was another random find in my summer clothing pile that I recently discovered. I've had it for years. I initially wanted to pair it with something funky and "blog worthy", like horizontal stripes, or another pattern, but then I decided to go simple, because while I do have THE necklace and now a blog header, I'm still just me - a beaurocrat who likes clothing and dressing up. I promise to step up my game when I start dating the professional photographer.



Shirt: H&M, Necklace, Shoes (and Skirt, probably): Winner's

7 comments:

  1. Love the skirt And the commentary, your dreams are similar to mine. Hope they come true!


    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  2. The header makes such a difference - looks great (good job Danka!)!!

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. The header looks great!

    Very brave of you to wear those shoes again...and again! :)

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are great! And I definitely need to do the same - all of my photos lately are on the iphone - haha.
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that skirt! And your new header looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja