Pages

Monday, 16 July 2012

Yes, You Can Sail the Seven Seas

Today I finally put an end to my summer hiatus from the gym, and it felt great. Yay me! It's funny how hard it is to motivate myself to go, despite how great I feel after a workout.

Another "yay me" moment from today: my no shopping streak continues! I vowed not to buy anything in July, and despite an impromptu stop at Joe Fresh at lunch, I am still holding on. No shopping this month has two huge benefits: it is helping my financial situation AND it's making July seem like the longest month EVER. Anything that makes the summer seem longer = a bonus in my books.
I have to make sure to remain in control when August arrives. I tend to act completely crazy after prolonged shopping breaks and usually end up racking up a hefty Visa bill. This time around will be extra challenging since I'm heading to Toronto at the beginning of August aka. I'll be in the same area code as an H&M (or 5). *Gulp*

The heat in Ottawa is not letting up. In fact tomorrow they are forecasting an even hotter day than today, which I seriously didn't think was possible.
Now I have to go and try to sleep in the oven I call my condo. Wish me luck!





Shirt: Dynamite, Skirt: Club Monaco, Belt: Costa Blanca, Necklace: H&M, Shoes: Winner's

12 comments:

  1. These photos turned out great - love the pink on blue!

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a shopping hiatus too. It's killing me! But you look so nice and cool in this outfit regardless of the heat. Way to go Maja- stay strong, August is in 2 weeks! You can do this month of no shopping!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not shopping is NOT easy! Thanks for your encouraging words :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great crisp, clean and chic look. I love the white pencil skirt!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a magnet for dirt and stains (especially if you're clumsy like me) but the white pencil skirt is such a classic! Thanks for the comment Nancy!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Tesa. I've wanted one like this for sooo long and was so happy to finally get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to discover these stylish looks really amazing and tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous look and I'm absolutely obsessed with that necklace!


    xoxo
    Your newest follower, Melisa

    Stop by mine and give me a follow back if you'd like: http://mylittlesliceoflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. outfit is very cool :)
    my favorite :):)

    visit my blog

    tamaritza.blogspot.com

    I follow your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja