Pages

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

BEEn a while

It's been so long since my last post, but here I am!

This weekend was completely insane. I travelled over 900km in 42 hours, slept very little, filmed parts of the second Serbian TV Ottawa episode, went to the Ottawa Serbian Festival every single day, attended the Serbian TV Ottawa launch party and danced my little heart out the entire time.
Insane...but so much fun.

A really good friend of mine who is also my God sister (is that a real thing?) or kuma, for those who speak Serbian, recently got engaged and asked me to be her maid of honour. Her engagement party was this past Friday and even though I told her I wouldn't be able to make it, I went to Toronto for one night and surprised her and her fiance. 


The happy couple and I. Note: The shortest person in this photo is me, and I was 6'2 (in heels).

We danced until 4:30 am and didn't get to bed until 6:00 am.
The next morning I was up at 9 and heading back to Ottawa by 10:30. Since it was a long weekend, traffic was nuts so we arrived in Ottawa at 4pm, and I was at the Serbian Festival filming the feature for Serbian TV at 6pm. Filming wrapped up at 8:30 pm and I danced and hung out with friends until 11:30 pm.
The next day (and again on Monday), it was back to the Serbian Festival for more dancing and food. Sunday night we attended the Serbian TV Ottawa launch party which didn't wrap up until 3:20 am.

This is what I wore.

These photos were actually taken during my photoshoot with Danka a few weeks ago, but wearing the dress this weekend made me realize I never featured it on the blog.






Dress: ASOS, Shoes: Winner's.

And here is the Serbian TV Ottawa crew at this weekend's launch party! 


Also, check out my CTV Morning Live appearance, where I discussed Serbian food. Ironic, since I can't actually cook any of it. 


14 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! I knew you'd get lots of wear out of this dress when you spotted it at the sale - not many people could pull it off ;) Looks great!

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a tall bunch of peeps! That yellow dress is stunning!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you went! Good to see you, fabulous as always! Looks like you had lots of fun at the Serbian festival.

    Iva
    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun...love the yellow dress!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. That black and yellow dress looks great on you!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ladies... beautiful outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress!!! I thought you were the one is the blue dress and i told myself the other lady had better fashion sense....turns out it was you! Great job! and O.M.G the dress has one of my fav colors:purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so busy.... yet looks like alot of fun!
    Both outfits look stunning on you


    http://pinklovelaugh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both dresses are gorgeous, and I'm completely jealous of your curls. When you get a chance I'd love if you could check out my blog.

    Xaimarys ♡
    www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that dress i regret not buying it. Looks great on you!

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divna si Maja! Svidja mi se tvoja haljina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haljina je odlicna. I btw, sram te bilo, cak i ja znam skuhat stogod srpske hrane. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja