Pages

Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Leo Love

In high school, my best friend Tiffany wore a leopard headband ONE time. Apparently, it was considered a huge fashion faux pas at the time, because we all made fun of her. This is especially hilarious because we went to an arts high school and people wore crazy ish. For example, one girl made a very skimpy "shirt" out of caution tape which finally prompted school administrators to consider, but ultimately abandon, the idea of a dress code. Considering our environment a leopard headband should have gone completely unnoticed, but it didn't. To this day, our friend Zach will not let Tiffany forget it, and every once in a while he'll remind her to "leave the leopard at home".
Ten years later (OMG, 10 years! We're old!) and leo is back...big time. I for one am loving it, so when I saw these pumps at Target during Sunday's mini shopping trip to the US, I knew I had to have them.
Also loving? This tassle necklace from Sarah's Etsy shop. Basically, I haven't taken it off since I bought it on Thursday. 






 Cardigan: Smart Set, Dress: TJ Maxx, Shoes: Target, Necklace: DIY by Sarah

The mini shopping trip was so much fun, even though we only went to Watertown, where the main attraction is: Target. Somehow, I still managed to buy a lot of stuff (including this dress) and spend five times my budgeted amount. (To be fair, my budgeted amount was ridiculously unrealistic, so I was bound to fail)
My friend from California couldn't believe that we were going to drive for two hours and cross a border in order to end up at Target, but she doesn't understand what a Target-less life is like. I can't wait for it to finally open up in Canada. Until then, an open letter for their consideration:

Dear Canadian Target,

Please do not suck like Canadian Old Navy.

Sincerely,

Everyone

Also, for the first time since Sarah and I have been cross- border shopping together, we were asked by the border services guy to "go inside" and pay taxes on all our new purchases even though we claimed an amount that was significantly smaller than every other time we've crossed the border AND I put on lipgloss as we arrived at the crossing AND Sarah made a really funny joke about shoes. We pulled out all the stops, but this guy was having none of it.

17 comments:

  1. Leopard rula. :D
    Ej, hvala ti na komentaru na mom blogu i onak...drago mi je da se nekom svidjaju moji postovi. Iako, oni na koje otkidas su prilicno stari i blog je otisao u nekom potpuno drugom smjeru, mada...kad odem na neko drugo putovanje bit ce takvih postova jos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nego, di ti je follow by google friends? Il sam skroz corava il ga nema...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^I'm so confused what is going on up there.

    Either way, I love your outfit. Totally worth crossing the border for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. So funny- I was "that" girl in high school too. Everyone used to make fun of me for something like a headband, so I stopped wearing it, but look, now polka dots and bows are trending! I must have been on to something!

    Love it.


    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress fits you like a glove - I love it! Hopefully your Target is as miraculous as the rest of them - everyone deserves to experience the sensation of walking in for something simple, like a light bulb and hand soap, and walking out with $100 worth of merchandise...whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Leo...glad you love him too. I see you and Kristina are becoming fast friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Watertown trip was def worth it. And obviously I'm so jealous of your (almost) entirely new outfit. Why do I have to wait 2 months to wear my purchases!? Fail!! Love those shoes.

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. your poor friend haha! i'm moving to canada for a year in less than 5 weeks! so i love when i find a canadian blog! i have a new post up about a shoot i styled, would love to know what you think.thanks x

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the leopard heels! Leopard looks great with the mustard yellow cardi!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look darling! LOVE those shoes!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha I understand you!!! I drove 2 hours for a TK maxx :D Yes, the european version :D
    Great outfit :)
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour of your dress, especially with the leopard print shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shoes and I actually can't wait for Target to open up in Canada. Most American stores that open over here always turn out lame.

    I am now following, Please check out and follow my blog at http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit and hair! ;) You have a great blog, would you like to follow eachother? Kisses from Portugal! ;)

    http://gomadandbuyeverything.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful look. Love the yellow touch!

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

    Lots of kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shoes! I also love how you built the outfit around them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja