Pages

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Sub Rosa Vintage

I had such an amazing time with my best friend Patrick in Toronto this weekend, and could barely stand to say bye to him yesterday. I've been playing our three weekend songs on repeat since I left. *sigh*

Friday turned into a really fun day of fashion and photography. Patrick works at Sub Rosa Vintage, a clothing store in Kensington Market. The store is owned by his SUPER stylish friend Erica, and is filled with drool worthy vintage clothing, shoes and accessories. If you live in Toronto, or are ever passing through, you must check it out. Kensington Market is also one of the coolest neighbourhoods I've visited. The streets are lined with small shops, bakeries and restaurants and buzzing with creativity and life. It's basically a much more hip and way less dirty Alphabet City (from Rent).

Patrick and Erica @ Handle Bar

Sub Rosa Vintage - 16 Kensigton - Toronto

Around noon on Friday, Erica arrived with a bunch of new merchandise and asked me if I wouldn't mind modeling some of the new items so they could be photographed for their Tumblr and Instagram. This was the equivalent of asking a kid if they wanted two scoops of ice cream instead of broccoli for dinner. I was so excited!
So, Patrick and Erica styled some outfits and Patrick photographed me wearing them around the neighbourhood. Check them out below, and go visit Sub Rosa Vintage before they're all gone. (Hands off the red dress - I want it, BAD)


Carrie Comes to Kensigton 







Lana Del Prom





Gold Digger




Not Your Mom's Mom Jeans




Party in The Back



And to finish the day off, someone from ION Magazine called Patrick and I a hipster's wet dream, photograhed us with a copy of the mag for their Twitter feed and website and told us an awesome joke - how do you drown a hipster? In the mainstream. #totesamaze



12 comments:

  1. Bahaha Um, love the hipster joke. But not more than I love you in all of these outfits (especially the not your mom's mom jeans). HOT! AND you've clearly been working on your posing... without me? ;) Love this post!

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Maja!! The pictures are amazing. You look beautiful.

    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these looks, especially the first one, so vintage!

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW fantastic photos..love every single look..great job..keep in touch xx Ania
    http://loveeneeddesire.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic photos. And you looked stunning in each outfit. I am so totally going to that boutique when I visit Toronto!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the vintage look! :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God,drooling over here;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING POST!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.com.es/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfits and photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are gorgeous! It looks like you have some nice items on the site :)

    Best,

    Tamara B.
    LilMissStyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the looks but my favorite is the one where you are wearing the polka dot shirt with the skirt, reminds me of Carrie from sex and the city, especially with the curly hair : )

    Cindi

    http://breakfastatcindis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. ODLICNE SLIKE, BAS MI SE SVIDJA TVOJA KOSA.

    KISSS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja