Pages

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Spoiled

I've been kind of spoiled lately. After being photopraphed by Danka one week, styled by Patrick and clothed by Sub Rosa Vintage another week, going back to dressing myself and taking pictures with my iPhone is just not that exciting. This lack of excitement is reflected in my facial expression in the photos below *sigh*
It's so easy to get used to the luxuries of a real photographer and other people's clothing/ style, but I'm plowing forward.

I realize that I have yet to document my new hair. Scandal!
I had been admiring and drooling over ombre hair for a while. However, I am addicted to highlights and love being a  blonde, so I wasn't sure if I could go ahead with it. Complicating things further, I had also recently fallen in love with Neris' hair (check out her blog here). Her blonde is so gorgeous - so I decided that if I chickened out on the ombre, I would copy her platinum locks.
Last Wednesday, I walked into my hairdresser's salon armed with pictures of Neris and examples of the type of ombre I wanted. I even had YouTube tutorials on how to do ombre colouring. Other hair dressers would have thought I was rude, or a crazy person, but she's been doing my hair since I was 17 so she's used to it. (Side note: over the phone she heard me say "auburn" instead of "ombre" and had already called my mom to warn her I may heve lost my marbles, and devised a plan to discourage me from going through with it. Love my hair dresser!)

In the end we both agreed that it was time for a change, and the ombre won. Even though it is darker than I am used to, I am slowly learning to like it. It's nothing drastic (for everyone else), but it's a big step for a blonde addict like myself.



Shirt and Skirt: H&M, Necklace: Joe Fresh, Shoes: Nine West, Bracelets: Forever 21.

9 comments:

  1. Maja I LOVE this! That skirt looks gorgeous with that blouse, and your hair looks awesome :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit. And paired with your new hair, I love it! And hey, I think maybe one day, you'd be able to pull off auburn!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new hair - especially for Fall! Wish it looked as good on straight hair... so until I get the guts to do it, I'll just admire yours!

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics!!! AMAZING OUTFIT!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always!

    Doesn't matter who styles or photographs you - you are always so chic and beautiful!
     
    oxo,
     
    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
    Recent post: http://www.twentyyork.com/2012/08/mercedes-benz-startup-ottawa-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks great! And I love the skirt

    xox Courtney

    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I love your skirt, a gorgeous shade!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. prekrasna kao uvijek ;) suknja je odlicna i super ti stoji!

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this skirt! The outfit is adorable

    Xo-Sara
    sincerelysk.blogspot.com
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja