Pages

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Anchors, Away!

So, I am worried....what I thought was just a lingering desire to keep the cottage vibe going after last weekend, seems to have turned into a more chronic issue. I think I might like country music. More accurately, think I might like Luke Bryan. Last night I even had a dream that I met him at some sort of outdoor country hoe-down fair. On top of that I've always been a Taylor Swift fan, so really....I'm basically a cowgirl. I blame Sarah for all of this.

Below are some photos from my photoshoot with my friend Danka that I mentioned yesterday. What a difference a good camera and a great photographer make!

I'm wearing a pair of shorts and a chambray shirt because I'm a cowgirl this is basically my summer 2012 uniform. If I had known how much I would love these shorts from the Gap, I would have bought a pair in every colour. Seriously. They are fantastic and cover my whole butt which is a pretty big deal in today's day and age, not because I have a JLo butt (sadly) but because all shorts seem to be made for tweens only. Just the other day my friend Emilie and I were complaining about the fact that it's very difficult to find shorts for women of a certain age (aka. 25+). Everything is tiny, distressed, designed by Miley Cyrus or all of the above. So...here's to Gap and their age-appropriate shorts! Cheers!

I'm off to pack for my weekend adventure with my bestie Patrick. One more sleep until I get to see him. I can hardly wait!





 
 Shirt: Levi's, Shorts: Gap, Shoes: Target, Necklace: Joe Fresh










I really liked this shot of me whippin' my hair back and forth a la Willow Smith and had to post it. It reminds me of the type of hazard people face when I get on the dance floor. There is a 4 foot radius of styled, dangerously full of product curl around me. So, if you see me on a dance floor - watch out!

23 comments:

  1. OMG your pics are SO nice! (again, good job Danka!!) Love this outfit BUT most of all, I am so incredibly happy that you love Luke Bryan *almost* as much as I do. You know what's next for you? Full. Blown. Country. Concert. I'll keep an eye on Luke's tour dates ;)

    Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we're gonna have to put you on an emergency listening diet of Metallica, indie rocck and Serbian pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, no joke, have no butt and still can't find shorts most of the time. I can't even imagine the horror of shorts shopping if I had any junk in the trunk. Good news? Yours look amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chambray top and your curls! Very pretty! Great blog!!

    http://fromragstotags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke Bryan is the reason I fell in love with country music! He's adorable and sooo good. You look awesome in those colors- the leopard makes it a really awesome look. Love it!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this outfit! The colors and patterns work so well together - so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hvala Maja! Ja sad tebe pratim (is that right??). Following on twitter and bloglovin! Glad to meet another Croatian Canadian fashion blogger. I think we are a small group!
    Iva

    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been following several Croatian and Srbian bloggers and I'm always glad to meet more! Plus I think I stole your look a couple of posts back!

      Delete
  8. Loving the chambray shirt with orange! great outfit!

    http://www.brightandsassy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving bright shorts right now and these red ones look so great on you! Also really like how yous styled them with the leopard print belt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet look for summer! And LOL at the Willow Smith reference. haha!

    Xo - Marion
    PS - I kinda like Luke Bryan also...so you're not alone :) Plus he's pretty nice to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is a perfectly acceptable summer uniform! And the last photo of you whipping your hair Willow style cracks me up so much. I'm pretty sure that's the easiest way to take center stage on the dance floor to show off your other moves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Majo super je kombinacija, bas mi se dopada, a talasi su fenomenalni.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ODLICNO MAJO!KOSULJA MI JE OMILJENA!:))
    XOXO




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HVALA MAJO NA DIVNIM RECIMA, PRATIMO I MI TAKO DA MOZEMO BITI U STALNOM KONTAKTU. GDE ZIVIS, VIDEH "WINNERS"I ODMAH DING,DING, DING...CANADA?MI SMO U VANKUVERU, BC.
      PUNO POLJUBACA!



      http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

      Delete
  14. Super kombinacija! Teksas košulje se baš vraćaju na velika vrata :)

    www.stills.rs

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look darling;

    Love your blog - I'm your new follower.

    Lots of love; Pauline
    www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the photo, when you smile! ;)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Now, I write posts in Polish, but I'm gonna try to write in English soon. ;)
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are pretty, lovely look, the shorts are so cute !

    Fashion and Cookies
    If you want we could follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and facebook !
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this outfit! The red, denim and leopard look great together!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they always bring a smile to my face! - Maja